- 01-Aug-2016 to 31-Aug-2016 (CST)
- St. Charles, IL, USA
- Full Time
Chicago Mold Engineering, in its over 70-year history, has become an awarded leader in plastic injection mold making. We apply state-of-the-art equipment with ambitious individuals merging the art and craft of mold making with modern day technology. A print free shop with all machine operators programming in CAM and all mold makers being trained in CAD, our shop has transformed into a 20th century machinist's toy land. Full 5-axis machining centers, robotic systems, and a blue-light scanner are some of the technologies incorporated into the everyday manufacturing at Chicago Mold, but that's only part of what makes us great. Good people with immense pride in American Manufacturing and their impassioned longing for knowledge is what truly keeps us moving forward. We are looking for the right person to grow their career with us.
2007 Mold Making Technology "Leadtime Leader Award".
2012 American Mold Builders "Mold Builder of the Year".
Top pay, benefits, and overtime. Full-time positions
Works with cross-functional teams as well as on independent projects to implement new product designs & modifications for current equipment to improve quality, cost, usability, and overall customer value.
The mold designer takes care of the total system as well as inner workings/engineering of a design.
- Consults with employees regarding engineering problems with existing tooling.
- Designs machinery, parts, assemblies and components for equipment.
- Creates and updates detailed drawings and assemblies required for manufacturing using the company's CAD system.
- Recommends design of new tools and engineering changes on existing tools; recommends purchase of equipment and materials as necessary.
- Assists in preparing and updating instructional and training materials for customers use.
- Works with a team of engineers and designers to develop the conceptual, preliminary and detail design and the most critical parts.
- Initiates design of preliminary and production prints according to customer specifications.
- Studies specifications, engineering blueprints, tool orders and shop data and confers with Project Manager, Engineering Manager and/or Plant Superintendent to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures and cost.
- Designs final prints to meet customers' requirements.
- Maintains engineering procedures including job log on a daily basis to ensure that changes and correct prints are recorded and approved at the proper levels.
- Recommends changes to design specifications to improve integrity of the mold design.
- Purchases necessary materials from suppliers within company guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Designs with concerns for manufacturability.
- Completes thorough documentation of design work.
- Partners with component suppliers to improve results.
- Provides technical product support to manufacturing, marketing and sales.
- May work in a team along with designers to create the drawings necessary for prototyping and production.
- May create drawings using CAD and solid modeling software
- May trains subordinate Design staff
- Collaborates with Project Manager, Engineering Manager, and Plant Superintendent regarding design of new tooling, engineering changes on existing tools, preliminary quote drawings and purchase of necessary materials.
- Assists plant employees with design specifications, sampling and any engineering problems with existing tooling.
- Interacts closely and frequently with customers regarding design requirements, and with suppliers to purchase materials.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Technology, or 4 to 10 years of trade school, vocational education or equivalent
- 2- 4 years of relevant experience in an Engineering position
- Experience with 3D CAD and solid modeling software
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to analyze and synthesize complex concepts in technology and scientific systems; strong cognitive abilities; excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration and project management skills
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
Chicago Mold Engineering